Sunday, May 13, 2012

Change of Approach and Photo Updates and Blog News (SS)

Okay, we only have 11 days left - 12 if you count today - and we are changing the approach here at EPP.

Since I have finished all the paintings I can reasonably expect to finish in one day, I will eschew finishing one per day between now and 5/24 and instead will work on many simultaneously, as can be seen above.

Reasons include exacting complexity of design (IE leaving some of the hardest for last) and also the fact that most of these have to be layered/indirect paintings, requiring a day or so to dry between layers.

I hope I have left myself enough time to finish all needed layers on all works between now and May 24!

Aside from that, I have been posting all photos pertaining to this project on my Facebook page, at the following URL: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3464885980389.164427.1218182039&type=1&l=2751d962eb

Lastly, at some point in the past I asked Jim to ghostwrite some of the blog articles for me. He has done such a fine job that, aside from a quick update here and there, I officially bequeath blog writing duties to him. He helps with the research as well. For more on Jim's writing one can go here.

Linking this to Sunday Sketches even though it's pretty late in the day and probably won't have a chance to do the rounds till later this week.

7 comments:

  1. wow! ~ they sure look awesome ~ what a challenge ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your art/paintings with us. You're on a roll. How exciting! :) Off to check out your FB page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alexandra! that link has my gallery of sorts - down the line I expect to mount them in their own gallery space online and elsewhere I suppose

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've been busy!! Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! I thought I detected a certain change of style in some of your blogs...

    ReplyDelete

each new comment is like a freshly picked flower....